The holiday shopping season is in full swing after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you opted out of chaotic crowds and slow moving websites, we have some incredible eco-friendly gift ideas just for you. During this season of giving, it is important to think about the products + companies you are supporting each time you buy a gift. Are they plastic toys with plastic packaging that will all end up in the landfill by the first of the year? Do they require toxic batteries or electricity? Or are they made by corporate giants that disregard Mother Earth? Below are two+two’s Top Five Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Ideas that support the environment in a special way:
1. Up-cycled Pet Products – Not only do these darling collars and leashes reuse old materials, 1$ from every sale goes towards the spaying/neutering and homing of stray dogs in the Caribbean islands via an organization called BAARK. Handmade in Los Angeles, California. IkeandStella.com
2. Eco-Friendly Designer Notebooks – What do you get when you combine an everyday product with great design, recycled paper, and make them in America? Make My Notebook. These hand silk screened and assembled spiral bound notebooks are as cute as they are useful. Made in Edgewater, Colorado. MakeMyNotebook.com
3. Kid’s Gardening Kits – Educational, entertaining and green – these kits give kids a long-term activity they teaches them how to grow their own food and interact with the Earth. They come with colorful, kid-friendly instructions, and even puzzles. Little Sprouts Grow Kits
4. Eco-Friendly Lifestyle Guidebook – Offering up dozens of author-tested, earth-friendly ideas, writer Christie Matheson reveals that being chic and saving the planet aren’t mutually exclusive. She guides you towards consumer goods and services that minimize our “earth-stomping human footprint”. Green Chic: Saving the Earth in Style
5. Reusable, To-Go Coffee Cups – We will not deprive you of your daily triple shot skinny latte, but we will encourage you to bring a own reusable cup to cut down on the 130 billion paper cups American’s throw away each year. Perfect for the coffee connoisseur in your life. ReUseIt.com has a great selection of tea and coffee mugs.
6. Reusable Bags – We couldn’t help including ourselves in this list for two+two eco-friendly reusable bags are a lovely gift for Moms, girlfriends and kids alike. They also double as Earth-safe gift bags so it’s a green double whammy. Shop Now
We wish you a Happy Holiday from all of us at two+two!!
While our bags are undoubtedly wonderful for zero-waste snacks + lunches, they are also useful for countless other things. One of our favorite, and most creative, uses is for art supplies. Two+Two bags are a perfect pouch for crayons, markers, feathers, glue sticks and more. They add a dynamic element to any crafty project and help keep supplies neat and organized when the masterpiece is complete.
Creating “egg carton owls” in an inspiring fall activity to do with your little ones. It’s simple, fun and even upcycles old egg cartons. Here are step-by-step instructions for hours of creative entertainment. Photos by Julie Afflerbaugh .
two+two is having a HUGE FALL SALE! 50% off all prints and sizes from now until October 31st. Order now as some prints are gone forever. Use cod FALL12at checkout.
Great time to do some early Christmas shopping. two+two’s bags make great stocking stuffers, teacher gifts and eco-friendly gift bags.
Greetings Moms, fashion divas and environmentally conscious do-gooders. Welcome to the two+two blog by the Bag Ladies. We are excited to launch a new platform to share all kinds of scrumptious information about eco-friendly reusable bags. You will find fascinating posts about new prints and designs, upcoming markets, our favorite uses, sales, green movie and book reviews, and more.
Today we’d like to wish you and yours a Happy Fall. Enjoy the changing leaves + cuddling up in your most comfortable sweater + baking cookies with the kids + planning your winter getaway!
Our incredible photography is done by Julie Afflerbaugh Photography.